We at the Partners in Community Development Fiji (PCDF), have been working in partnership with communities, donors, government and other organisations to improve the lives of our people in isolated communities. Being a local organization that promotes the interests of our communities, our work is grounded on community-centred approaches that build on existing community knowledge, skills and capacities. We are a learning organisation that acknowledges existing community structures and work with their leaders to ensure the inclusive participation of women, young people and minority groups, building local capacity to understand issues, take action and lead change.
Our interventions integrate environmental, social and economic issues to help deliver our objectives:
· Promote good governance and gender equity
· Protect the environment
· Increase self-reliance in rural communities
· Promote healthy living
We believe in partnering with the Government, Provincial Councils, international agencies, civil society organisations and local communities to deliver targeted impacts at the local level.
Working in partnership with communities to empower and assist with informed decision making for their own future development.
Communities achieving equitable, holistic and sustainable livelihoods.
We are an organisation for the community and we constantly endeavour to remain true to our values of justice, partnership and stewardship, manifested by our culture of:
· Being sensitive to social, environmental and economic realities.
· Being a learning organisation, able to learn from our mistakes, review and adapt our position and methods to maintain performance.
· Distinctive competence through cost-effective use of resources.
· Adopting an integrated approach by working in partnership with existing formal and informal local governance systems.
· Sharing lessons learnt and practices with our primary stakeholders
Our programmes are divided into four overarching themes: Community Capacity and Livelihood Enhancement (CCLE); Natural Resource Management (NRM); Health Improvement (HI) and Internal Development (ID). We specialize in education, the environment, economic development and health improvement in detached rural communities of Fiji. We run projects right across both Viti and Vanua Levu as well as offshore islands.
Email me jobs from Partners in Community Development Fiji (PCDF)