Exciting Fiji Based employment opportunity.
Negotiable Package in this tranquil tropical island destination
Senior Vice President Exploration position description
Location: Nadi and the Tuvatu Project , Fiji
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Fiji Exploration team
The Senior Vice President of (SVP) Exploration is an executive role and reports to the Chief Executive Officer of Lion One Metals Limited. The Senior Vice President Exploration position encompasses the leadership role on all exploration matters within the Company and supervises the exploration department of Lion One Pte Limited in Fiji, principally the Tuvatu gold project and adjacent project areas. The role of the SVP Exploration will play a leading role in high-level exploration organizational decisions and daily exploration operations. The SVP Exploration sets business goals and solve internal issues when needed. The position also ensures employee compliance with company policies.
Senior Vice President of Exploration duties include:
· Implementing and overseeing the exploration and resource definition programs for the Company’s Fiji projects
· Preparing and managing the exploration plan and budget and ensure the Company achieves its exploration goals within budget and on time
· Overview daily operations
· Work closely with operations teams in resource/reserve definition for mine planning
· Set performance and goals and attain them through team direction and management
· Assess, evaluate, and report on overall team and individual team member performance
· Research and identify new exploration opportunities
· Collaborate with management and advisors to decide on exploration strategies
· Evaluate department’s expenditure
· Undertake risk assessments on exploration goals and targets
· Ensure compliance with Company Policies and Guidelines and local, regional and national Acts and Regulations
· Ensuring compliance with all governmental obligations and legislations and ensure all appropriate environmental, mining and exploration permits are in place and up to date
· Maintaining positive relationships with applicable government agencies and local communities
· Oversee and organize QA/QC protocols, data management, and the preparation of geological models to ensure the Company’s exploration plans deliver relevant information to NI 43-101 standards
· Ensuring 43-101 compliant sampling, QA/QC, geologic and geotechnical data collection programs are in place
· Interpreting and analyzing the results of drilling and other geological and geotechnical information to develop geologic models and mineralization theories, delineate current and future exploration targets, and evaluations of mining reserves/resources in the areas under exploration
· Promoting and fostering health, safety and environmental responsibility within the exploration function across all areas of responsibility.
· Qualified person under NI43-101
· Cultural sensitivity to deal appropriately with employees within and outside the company as well as with external entities and the project communities
· Assist in keeping Technical Reports current and prepare new Technical Reports.
· Guide and support other managers
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Minimum 15 years’ experience in a managerial and executive role in mineral exploration and development companies listed on the TSX, ASX, or NYSE
· Degree in Geology
· Strong experience in project management and budgeting
· Great understanding of business functions
· Demonstrated ability and proven track record in strategy-building and implementation.
· Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Team player
Applications for the above position should be forwarded to: The HR Manager, Lion One Limited, PO Box 1112, Nadi Airport, Fiji, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lion One Limited of Fiji is the subsidiary of Lion One Metals Ltd - a Canadian development and exploration company focused on advancing it's 100% owned. high grade, low-cost underground Tuvatu Gold Project in Fiji. Tuvalu is the largest undeveloped gold project in Fiji and one of highest-grade gold projects anywhere in the world. The Tuvatu Gold Project is located 24 KM NE of the town of Nadi on the island of Viti Levu in the Republic of Fiji.