Navini Island Resort is looking for a Demi Chef with an array of skills to achieve the highest standards of food production and customer satisfaction, maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment, and work effectively with other colleagues.
- Responsible for the day to day running of any given section
- Ensure consistency of food quality and presentation
- Maintaining cleanliness, stock control, organisation and standards
- Assisting other chefs
- Able to take control of any given tasks and maintain high team spirit
- Prevent waste of food of any kind and over-production
- Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
- Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications
- Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, record food inventory, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met
- Formal culinary training
- Minimum 3 years cooking experience
- Have skills and experience in preparing all courses
- Be willing to learn, have strong leadership and organizational skills, and be able to multitask
- Ability to work in a team and in a demanding kitchen environment
This position offers a competitive starting salary, island based with accommodation and meals provided. Days off arrangements are flexible.
All applications are treated in confidence. Please email your CV, copies of qualifications, references, passport size photo, vaccination card and personal details to: email@example.com. Successful persons will be required to produce a police clearance.
Navini Island is a boutique resort situated in the Mamanuca Islands. This unique Fiji resort offers a very special holiday experience.
A mesmerizing fusion of sand, rock, and coral, Navini Island boasts a flourishing marine reef sanctuary. In 1988, the waters around Navini Island became a diverse marine life haven.
With just 11 bures and no day-trippers, Navini is always quiet and secluded - even during high season.