The successful candidate will be part of the Finance Team and assist the Team in its day to day activities, including financial reporting. Ultimately, the role assists in maintaining our company’s financial health and making sure we use our resources beneficially.
Qualifications & Attributes:•
Must have a bachelor’s degree or diploma or equivalent in an appropriate discipline. Work experience in a similar role will be a distinct advantage.
• New graduates with GPA of 3.5 and above will also be considered.
• Understanding of accounting concept like accrual system of accounting, matching concept, ongoing accounting assumption etc.
• Hands on experience in closing and reporting – booking of expenses, Credit Notes, Goods Return Notes, provision calculations especially bad debts provision, discounts provision etc.
• Preparation of customer trial balance, bank reconciliation statements, vendor trial balance etc.
• Preparation of reports – incumbent must able to prepare various reports like debtors aging, creditors aging, expense analysis, CN analysis etc
• Able to do physical verification of stocks, assets etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with ability to process data and prepare reports using Excel
• The incumbent must be able to cope with multiple priorities and build intra-functional relationship and able to influence people towards achieving organisational goals.
Remuneration & Benefits:
An attractive remuneration package including medical insurance and performance bonuses commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate. In addition, the Company provides ongoing professional training and development opportunities.
Apco Coatings has been colouring the South Pacific since its establishment in 1977 at Lautoka on the west coast of the island of Viti Levu in Fiji. Apco Coatings expanded in due course to Vanuatu, The Solomon Islands, Tonga and also started exporting to other South Pacific islands, such as Samoa. APCO is the market leader and consumer favourite in South Pacific.
Global alliances give Apco Coatings the head start with respect to technical collaboration. The research and development team is one of largest in the Asia Pacific region leading to the most advanced and contemporary paint product portfolio. Our Product Portfolio includes Architect coatings, timber finishes, industrial, marine, automotive, road markings and specialty products.
Apco Coatings has been awarded ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification for excellence in quality and environmental management systems respectively. In 2007, the Fiji unit won the Exporter of the Year ‐ Pacific Islands Award sponsored by FTIB (Fiji Islands Trade & Investment Bureau).