The Accounts Receivable/Credit Controller will be responsible to handles credit assessments and makes appropriate determinations as per company guidelines. Responsible for processing customer credit enquiries, approving credit/financing terms and collection of delinquent accounts. This role must have critical thinking skills needed to mitigate credit risk and maintain credit control systems. The role will also handles tasks like negotiating payment plans, improving debt collection processes, and maintaining accurate records of financial activity.
REPORTS TO: Accountant/ Lead Credit Controller/Financial Controller
WORKS WITH: Whole team
IMMEDIATE SUPPLIERS: Respective Suppliers for Teqwise.
IMMEDIATE CUSTOMERS: Whole team & entire Teqwise customers, suppliers and visitors.
EXTERNAL LIAISON: Entire Teqwise customers, suppliers and visitors.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establishes standards for credit granting, development of criteria for credit limits, special terms, etc.
• Reviews all credit or financing requests, processes information, performs credit investigations and recommends approval/disapproval credit with any related terms, conditions or limits. Authorizes sales orders accordingly.
• Follows up with customers on daily basis in order to collect debts and ensures its monthly weekly/monthly collection targets are met.
• Forward weekly collection updates to FC, Accountant, Operations Manager and the Directors on a weekly basis on the recommended schedule.
• Take appropriate actions on defaulting debtors to ensure all overdue debts are brought under control
• Supervise to ensure Labasa and Nadi branch offices staff follow up on debtors and report on daily/weekly basis.
• Reviews status of aged and delinquent accounts on a weekly basis. Supervises preparation and transmitting of letters and notices on delinquent accounts. When appropriate, determines and recommends new repayment terms.
• Prepares paperwork for civil court (small claims court) on local delinquent accounts and represents the company at any hearings. Reviews and recommends accounts for outside collection agencies or legal action and follows through as required. Negotiates settlements on bankrupt accounts or when appropriate. Records any judgments with county clerk and reports to the credit bureau.
• Reviews and recommends accounts to be charged-off, prepares applicable reports and notifies credit bureau.
• Maintains current knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Act and all state and federal laws and regulations applying to credit granting or collection activities.
• Any other works that may be assigned by the Superiors.
AUTHORITY & DELEGATION:
EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:
SKILLS & ATTITUDES:
How to Apply
All Applications are to be sent to the recruitment team on email@example.com.
For any further information please contact Nitin Prasad firstname.lastname@example.org or 9926989
The TeQwise Business Innovation, striving for service excellence in technology, sustainability and working smarter creating state of art business solutions for our clients. Locally owned and operated, and employing both local and international staff, we have been providing cost-effective tailored document solutions to individuals and organisations for all of that time.
We have service centres in Suva, Nadi and Labasa