The overall purpose of the cleaner is to work in an assigned section of the Library. He/she is responsible for the overall cleanliness of a section, subject to weekly rotation and back up when required. The work is physical for the duration of the 44 hours.
The existence of this job will ensure that the following tasks are successfully performed at the USP Laucala Library:
• Clean the Library – shelves, tables, furniture, walls, louvres, washrooms and storerooms, work and reading areas and environs of the Library in section(s) as assigned using appropriate cleaning materials and equipment;
• Strip library tiles during long vacation using appropriate cleaning materials and equipment;
• act as back-up for cleaners who are away from work - sick, annual, compassionate leave etc.
• Recommend to Janitor, areas that need special attention;
• Clean areas surrounding the Library building – remove leaves, empty bins etc.;
• Assist at functions held by the Library – tea for visitors etc. and;
• Perform any other duties assigned.
The Person We Seek:
Persons employed at Grade 1 will typically perform duties at a skill level which assumes and requires:
(i) knowledge or training equivalent to the duties to be performed; or
(ii) Completion of Year 12 secondary school with relevant work experience; or
(iii) An equivalent combination of experience and training
Preference will be given to applicants with:
(i) Good interpersonal and communication skills;
(ii) Excellent health and be able to lift, climb, work at heights, be on one’s feet for periods;
(iii) Practical working knowledge of commercial cleaning agents and equipment e.g. tile stripping liquids, vacuum cleaner, polisher and water blaster;
(iv) An understanding of Occupational Health and Safety regulations and issues;
(v) The ability to work as part of a team and under minimal supervision;
(vi) The ability to work day and night shifts inclusive of weekends and public holidays;
(vii) The willingness and ability to assist with official work functions.
|Enquiries and further information: Ms. Liviana Tabalala, Deputy University Librarian, ph: (679) 32 32363; fax: ; email: email@example.com|
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
|Salary Range:||FJ$10,822 to FJ$13,659 per annum|
How to Apply
|Closing date for applications 22 May 2022|
The University of the South Pacific (USP) is the premier provider of tertiary education in the Pacific region and an international centre of excellence for teaching,