The Data Analyst & Grant Officer will support research students (Masters and Ph.D.) and in the analysis of research-related data and the interpretation of data. The appointee will be involved in managing key research data analysis of the University. The appointee will seek the potential sources of research grants, pro-actively inform researchers and assist researchers in submitting grant proposals. The appointee will store information about all the projects submitted, specializations of potential researchers, and make available such information to external stakeholders for attracting research income.
The appointee will be responsible to:
• Coordinate and manage the Research Data Analysis for postgraduate research students.
• Assist PG research students in writing research methodology.
• Support academic staff in grant writing research proposals for external funding and update the finances on the appropriare finance module.
• Seek sources of research grants and be pro-active in informing researchers about the grants;
• Develop ready-made or off-the-shelf generic proposals with researchers in anticipation of calls for proposals;
• Update the researchers on the progress of the submitted proposals;
• To use a database to keep copies of all proposals, whether submitted or not;
• To use a database to store information about all researchers and their specializations and research groups, and to make available such information to external stakeholders for attracting research income.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A Post-Graduate qualification (Master) in Mathematics and Statistics or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Data Analysis & Grant Writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and widely used presentation, data analytics, and reporting formats.
- Demonstrated good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SPSS & R, Envivo and Endnote etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours and meeting tight deadlines.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- PhD Degree in Statics or Mathematics
- 10+ years of Experience in related field.
- Extensive understanding of data analysis, writing methodology and grant proposal writing
- Ability to run workshops for staff and students on data analysis.
|Enquiries and further information: Ms. Anjula Devi, Executive Officer, ph: ; fax: ; email: email@example.com|
The position is available for a initial term of one year and may be renewed for a further term of 2 years by mutual agreement.
|Salary Range:||FJ $50,184 to FJ $61,289 per annum|
How to Apply
|Closing date for applications 04 July 2021|
The University of the South Pacific (USP) is the premier provider of tertiary education in the Pacific region and an international centre of excellence for teaching,