|Student Learning Support|
|0101-The University Of The South Pacific|
|Fiji - Labasa Campus|
The appointee will be required to prepare, implement, manage, facilitate and evaluate the academic and study skills activities and resources for the Student Learning Support Section of The University of the South Pacific, ensuring high quality and innovative learning support is delivered to students studying via the face-to-face, print, blended and online learners at USP's various campuses and centers.
|The incumbent will be required:
- Tutor academic skills for the at-risk students;
- Provide mentoring support to staff and students;
- Implement and evaluate the operations of the Mentoring Programme for students studying in different modes of delivery;
- Participate in staff development activities;
Research, review and produce resources for student academic support; and
- Evaluate and action research in student progression and success in distance education.
|1. Coordinate support services;
2. Evaluation of support services and student success; and
3. Institutional research.
|To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant field and extensive relevant experience; or
- Extensive experience and management expertise; or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
- Demonstrated experience in planning, implementing and delivering student support activities in academic and study skills;
- Demonstrated successful project management for peer mentoring;
- Must be computer literate, innovative and results oriented;
- Possess excellent communication skills (oral & written) and have a high level of English proficiency;
- Must be a person of integrity and be able to maintain confidentiality; and
- Ability to undertake professional development training.
|Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience in working with students from diverse learning backgrounds and abilities;
- At least 2 years of tertiary teaching experience;
- Master's qualification in a relevant discipline;
- Experience or working in the Pacific Region;
- Can work after working hours and during weekends; and
- Willingness to participate in the general activities of the University.
|FJ $50,184 to FJ $61,289 per annum|
|3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement|
The University of the South Pacific (USP) is the premier provider of tertiary education in the Pacific region and an international centre of excellence for teaching,