Careers at British American Tobacco.
British American Tobacco (BAT) is a market leading global organization with a long-established history and a bright and dynamic future. As proud leaders in over 180 markets worldwide, BAT has an abundance of unique opportunities. It is the perfect place to forge a truly exceptional global career.
The BAT culture is based on our BAT Ethos: Empowered, Responsibility, Bold, Fast and Diverse. It’s about having the ambition to achieve unprecedented standards, the courage to stand up for your ideas and contributions and the tenacity to keep on fighting until you reach your goals. If you enjoy a challenge and want to work in an operational capacity with a strategic element, then these opportunities are for you!
Team Leader Quality Assurance (Job Reference 24619)
You will be responsible to collaborate with all staff in QA to provide specialized assessment and technical support regarding product and process quality for BAT (Fiji). To ensure that all protocols with respect to the FPI system are followed in accordance to the given guidelines. To manage the laboratory in the provision of these services.
Key Accountabilities of the role are:
- Ensure lab equipment are calibrated to meet regulatory compliance and internal analytical requirements.
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely product and process quality information in support of decision making relating to product design.
- Maintain oversight of the work performed by laboratory staff
- Provide high level of assistance to the QA Manager in preparing key quality reports on timely basis.
- Provide high level of assistance to QA Manager in driving quality initiatives and projects
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the product related issues, including non-conformance.
- Responsible for the assessment of the consumer complaints and processing of follow ups.
- Ensure regular reviews and improvement to the application and effectiveness of the Quality System (including quality procedures, process information, specification management, FPI and consumer/customer response systems)
- Supply quality training and product/process awareness programmes to personnel to embed the ownership of quality across the supply chain and promote the appropriate use of metrics and tools.
- Ensure the maintenance of laboratory application systems.
- Ensure adequate measures in place to control and monitor infestation levels.
- Ensure full compliance, at any point in time, to controls, processes and procedures required as part of the role.
- Formulate systems to ensure the prevalence of product specification information delivered to the manufacturing floor via machine specification cards.
- Assist the Operations team in establishing a strong Operations capability that delivers leading work practices to support the strategic initiatives of the business.
- Responsible for EH&S compliance within the laboratory.
- Optimize systems and work processes to drive productivity and growth.
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement in the quality monitoring techniques on the factory floor and laboratory.
- A bachelor’s degree in laboratory science technology or a related discipline from a recognized institute.
- At least 3-4 years of working experience in a similar working industry.
- Innovative, self-motivated, flexible and energetic.
- Computer literate with good communication skills
- Leadership skills with the capacity to influence within and across departments.
- Applied knowledge of corporate quality tools and measures.
- Practical competence in analysis, problem solving and continual improvement methods and techniques (including SPC, brainstorming, fishbone diagrams).
- Familiarity with product development including cigarette design, tobacco processing, and cigarette assembly.
- Proficient at the use of data to establish areas for improvement.
- Knowledge of best practice with regard to calibration of equipment
- An understanding of tobacco factory processes, company procedures and government requirements, Trades practices, legal responsibilities is required to fully perform in the role.
Apply now! All applications must be submitted before Monday 23, March 2020.
Only online applications will be considered.