Careers at British American Tobacco.
British American Tobacco (BAT) is a market leading global organization with a long-established history and a bright and dynamic future. As proud leaders in over 180 markets worldwide, BAT has an abundance of unique opportunities. It is the perfect place to forge a truly exceptional global career.
The BAT culture is based on our BAT ETHOS, being Bold, Fast, Empowered, Responsible and Diverse. It’s about having the ambition to achieve unprecedented standards, the courage to stand up for your ideas and contributions and the tenacity to keep on fighting until you reach your goals. If you enjoy a challenge and want to work in an operational capacity with a strategic element, then these opportunities are for you!
Warehouse Coordinator (Job Reference 24617)
Reporting to the Warehouse and Logistics Manager, you will be responsible for Provide reliable and effective administrative support to the Production Function. To receive and issue materials required for production and ensuring that there are no out of stock situation in factory on a daily basis. To receive and manage WMS stock in warehouse in effective manner with proper space management and zero variance.
Key Accountabilities of the role are:
- Receive and verify Materials against invoice for quality and quantity and prepare necessary documentation and have all materials properly stacked in the warehouse.
- Report on any damaged materials and discrepancies.
- Manage SAP transactions according to the activities.
- Assist Operations finance with stock takes in the Materials.
- Highlight to team leader/manager on weekly basis SOH report and any near OOS situation.
- Effectively manage quarantine stock and destruction process should there be need.
- Carry out any other task assigned to you by your line manager.
- Ensuring housekeeping procedures are followed and used to maintain a workable environment.
- Ensure full compliance, at any point in time, to controls, processes and procedures required as part of the role.
- Imparts, seeks and exchanges information effectively, constructively and purposefully for the benefit of team and organization and in line with corporate core values.
- Keep self-focused on key priorities/projects by setting measures/milestones to ensure things happen as planned.
- Ensure the understanding and following of Operations procedures that delivers leading work practices to support the strategic initiatives of the business.
- Pursue opportunities to continually improve the WMS stock level and housekeeping and materials delivery process to ensure meaningless tasks are eliminated and there are materials available.
- Create an environment where continuous improvement and constructive challenges are valued at all levels within the organization.
- Show of innovative methods to help drive performance to achieve the set objectives of the business.
- Tertiary qualification with Diploma in Accounting and Finance or related field
- Working knowledge of the Tobacco industry.
- Computer literacy in Excel and Word Processing.
- Acquire training and license to drive a forklift.
- At 3 years of experience in Warehousing/stock management.
Apply now! All applications must be submitted before Monday 23, March 2020.
Only online applications will be considered.