|IT Support Assistant (Re-advertisement)|
|Intermediate and Junior|
|Information Technology Services|
|2115-ITS - ICT Centre|
|Fiji - Lautoka Campus|
|Deputy Director ITS|
This position provides an onsite ICT support resource for all ICT Services on USP Lautoka Campus, providing the front point of contact on all ICT user issues through the campus ICT Helpdesk. The position will also be a key point of coordination for all USP ICT infrastructure, services and facilities on site working jointly with USP Lautoka Campus staff on the administration of this function.
The appointee will be responsible for the collation, documentation and dissemination of information regarding ICT user services at USP Lautoka campus. She/he will be required to coordinate the use of all ICT services, resources and facilities for the Lautoka campus users. The incumbent will also be responsible for first level operation and maintenance of critical ICT infrastructure and is expected to, in coordination with Laucala Campus IT Services, perform first level troubleshooting on the resolution of any faults/issues on Lautoka ICT services.
|To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Completion of a trade Certificate in IT/Information
- Completion of Fiji Junior Certificate (Form 4), with relevant work
- Equivalent relevant experience or combination of relevant work
related experience and education/ training;
- Excellent communication skills with proven proficiency on standard MS
Office suite of applications; and
- Knowledge of enterprise level ICT technology.
|Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Any relevant technical certification on relevant ICT VSAT networking,
systems, PC, OS or application technologies;
- Working knowledge of IP Networking, MS and Linux Server Systems,
Audio-Visual Conferencing Systems and standard PC Hardware + OS,
desktop applications and web/internet based applications.
|FJ $11,623 to FJ $19,480 per annum|
|3 years renewable|
The University of the South Pacific (USP) is the premier provider of tertiary education in the Pacific region and an international centre of excellence for teaching,