OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT REGIONAL
CAMPUSES (ESTATES & INFRASTRUCTURE)
USP, Laucala Campus
LTY010, LTY017, LTY018, LTY020, LTY024, LTY041 & LTY049
The appointee will be part of a team involved in Security Operations on Laucala Campus and will be responsible
for the following;
- Safety of persons on campus, ensuring the security of buildings, equipment’s and properties belonging to the University and or members of the University community, dealing with cases involving thefts lost property and providing assistance to staff, students and visitors. The successful applicants should be prepared to so shift work.
- To prevent potential crime, security officers are expected to work within USP policies, regulations and procedures
for all key processes & establish standard security work procedures;
- Monitor compliance to OHS, Fire, Safety regulations and environment-friendly practices;
- Daily checks and securing of buildings/ premises;
- Daily updated shift reports of security activities to the immediate supervisor;
- Maintain constant secure and efficient lock and key system;
- Customer satisfaction survey (target 95%);
- Internal building patrols carried out a minimum of 3per shift:
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons, approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies the police as appropriate, may confront and/or detain violators, as required, until police arrives;
- Ability to successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision and skill in performing building security and lock procedures.
- The appointee is expected to carry out any other official duty or responsibility as given by the Chief Security Officer and Vice President (VP).
The Person We Seek
- Completed Fiji School Leaving Certificate (Form 6);
- At least 2 years of working experience in security services;
- Knowledge of First Aid, OHS Regulations and Fire Warden Certification; and
- Good Physical Health.
- Preference will be given to applicants with Driver's License
The position is available for a term of 3 years and maybe renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: FJ $5.39 per hour
Enquiries: Ms Colette Lee Vesikula, VP (Admin) Office; tel: (679) 3231882; email: email@example.com
How to apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj
Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources
Office; tel: (679) 3232072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.
Closing date for applications: 28 July 2019