- Perform day to day transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts related data from source documents into Streamline’s PlusOne for later export to client accounting systems.
- Handling accounts payable, receivable and reconciliation tasks on a daily basis
- Entering financial transactions into PlusOne.
- Reconciling invoices and identifying discrepancies, correcting any incompatibilities if possible or escalating to Admin Army if not.
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and make corrections where appropriate
- Preparing profit and loss reports
- Collaborate with the team to work on various accounting platforms
- Work with the Admin Army to obtain all client deliverables
- A good understanding of data integrity
- Target oriented and output driven
Technical and Interpersonal Skills
- The ability to produce accurate financial reports
- Technical knowledge and understanding of accounting software such as Xero, MYOB or QuickBooks.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to handle multiple-tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines in our fast-paced environment.
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive information and figures discussed
- The ability to work to strict time constraints.
- The ability to prioritize work.
- The ability to critique processes and provide suggestions for improvement.
- An organized and methodical approach to tasks.
- A positive attitude and a team player
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree in Accounting / Finance would be advantageous as regards the future opportunities within our client’s business.
- Practical work experience of 2 – 3 years in a bookkeeping or accounting role.
- Background knowledge and experience in Accounts payable, Accounts Receivable, and the various supporting reconciliation processes will be a distinct advantage.