The Women in Fisheries Network-Fiji (WiFN-Fiji) is a local NGO committed to strengthen and empower women engaged in the fisheries sector in Fiji, and effectively disseminate information on sustainable fisheries methods and approaches.
The WiFN-Fiji is currently hiring a Coordinator to lead and monitor the planning, implementation of the activities of the WiFN-Fiji and reporting of results in accordance with its objectives and values, oversee its engagement and work on gender and fisheries in Fiji, and build a strong membership base.
This exciting role requires qualifications and experience as follows:
- Bachelor degree in natural resource management, fisheries, marine science or a relevant field to coastal fisheries – postgraduate qualifications an advantage;
- Proven experience of successful management and leadership of a team or unit (at-least at section leader level) in either the public sector, private sector, development agency, regional organization, or non-governmental organization;
- Demonstrated experience in leading organizational review, strategic planning, developing annual work plans and oversight of programme/project management in particular strong monitoring and evaluation expertise and ability to prepare annual reports;
- Evidence of experience in lobbying with government on women on issues related to women in fisheries and in a representational role, effectively engaging the Ministry of Women and the Department of Fisheries and other key stakeholders to influence evidence-based fisheries and gender policies;
- Experience in production of knowledge products, communications and promotion of organizational services and achievements including via social media;
- Extensive experience in training and capacity building facilitation; Managing evaluation and timely application of learning in future activities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language;
- Ability to communicate in the i-taukei language is an advantage;
- and Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, knowledge management and social media tools.
This is a one year duration contract with the possibility of extension based on availability of funds.
Applicants are to provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae with 3 references including contact details before 5pm, Saturday, 25'" May 2019. Please note that late applications will not be considered.
Activities Coordinator /Manager, Business Development, CEO/COO/MD, General/Business Unit Manager, General Manager