The National Bank of Samoa (NBS) invites qualified candidates interested in leading NDS to apply for the following position:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
NBS is seeking a strategic, experienced, innovative and commercially astute Leader to be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for the overall strategic and operational performance of NBS and the achievements of the Bank’s Growth and Profitability Agenda. The CEO ensures the implementation and achievement of NBS’s current and future strategic direction set by the Board, and ensures delivery of strategic and operational key performance results, and expected outcomes, across the organization. The CEO provides the mandate and leadership for the Leadership Team, to lead and implement continuous improvements in business policies and procedures, leveraging digital transformation, and ensuring delivery of quality customer services. The CEO is accountable for developing new business opportunities and sustaining valuable relationships with private and public sector stakeholders to ensure the bank’s continuous expansion and business growth.
The CEO position requires the right skills and mindset to assess and mitigate principal risks and compliance of the Bank’s
business, its growth and profitability and ensures technological systems; digital e-channels are in place to deliver Bank’s
- Strategic leadership of NBS in compliance with Regulatory obligations and overall Governance of the organization
- Financial Management; Producing financial and annual reports for the Board in a timely manner;
- Ensuring sustained long term profitability of the Bank;
- Managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure that the Bank is promoted and positioned effectively;
- Developing new innovative Strategies and best practices in systems and processes;
- Providing strategic advice and recommendations to the Board of Directors;
- Establishing the Bank’s performance targets through the implementation of strategic and operational plans;
- Implementing changes to deliver the highest level of customer service.
- Business Development and Customer Agenda/Value Propositions
- Audit, Risk Management & Compliance
- Lead by example Principles of Good Corporate Governance (Transparency and Accountability)
- Corporate and Social Responsibility
Core Competencies/Skills and Experience
- Strategic planning and strategic thinking
- Act with integrity, respect and uphold ethical principles and the Bank’s Code of Conduct which reflect the core values of the “faa-Samoa”
- Effective Leadership and People Management
- A proven track record should include executive-level experience and excellent communication skills.
- Delivering results - to drive and achieve excellent business performance
- Strong lending and business acumen
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Banking/Finance/Commerce or any related field.
A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a senior management role in the Banking or Finance Industry Remunerations
The CEO position offers an attractive remuneration package based on Qualifications and Experience.
How to apply
Email or send your written application with your most recent Curriculum Vitae including name and details of three (3)
Referees to: Manager Human Resources.
Click "Apply Now" and upload your application
Applications Close: at 4.00pm, Friday 3" May 2019